everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Out on the Weekend...

It always seems to work out that if you have some time off coming up, that things are usually more difficult before or after your time off comes. This is certainly true this weekend, as I've worked open to close everyday except today. I worked 55 plus hours each week for the last few, so I'm due for a few days off. I'm looking forward to the weekend. The Bob Dylan Show comes to town Saturday evening, Ryan, Dan, one of Dan's friends just back from the peace corps & I are all headed to the cottage bar & then off to the show.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the show, things haven't been too promising this year, the shows have been quite lacklustre. The band is probably the worst he's had in twenty years, & he's playing this god-awful keyboard organ that makes every song sound like a circus, or like a Doors song. However, there's a new album coming out on August 29, & hopefully he'll debut some new songs from it Saturday, which is the opening show of the tour.

Sunday, I'm playing golf with Ryan. Next to seeing Bob Dylan concerts, playing golf with Ryan has to rank up there as one of my favorite activities, so it should be a great weekend. I scheduled myself for a vacation day Monday, maybe I'll go for a hike, or to the beach, or both.

Five Favorite Songs of the Day

One Too Many Mornings-Bob Dylan, Clarkston, Michigan 2000

This was the first Dylan concert I've attended, & I remember being floored by this song. I listened to it tonight & was floored again.

Rock of Gibraltar-Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Nocturama

Distortion to Static-the Roots, do you want more??!??

I'll Be Your Mirror-the Velvet Underground, Andy Warhol

Young But Daily Growing-Bob Dylan & the Band, the Basement Tapes Volume One

Happy Thursday, friends!

andrew

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your prediction was right...I got 2 hits! We still lost though. Anyways, I hope you have a great time at the concert! Talk to you soon.

andrew! said...

Hot damn! Any RBI's?

Anonymous said...

Just one :) I did get nailed in the arm though.. you should see the bruise.. a good battle mark.

Mrs. Patterson said...

Happy Thursday to you too. Sounds like a shoe in.

Blog Archive

About Me

Grand Haven, Michigan
the sun shines on a dog's ass every now & then...