everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Finally, Some Good News from the Cottage Bar

The last time Dan invited me to the Cottage bar he told me he had some news for me. I figured that he was engaged, since that's what I predicted when I found out he'd be moving to Indiana. Instead, he told me that he'd be going off to Iraq.

The other night I got invited again to the Cottage Bar since Dan said he'd be home for Christmas. Again, he told me he had big news.

This time he got it right. Dan & Jill are engaged. Jill is in full wedding planning mode, too. I'm sure when Dan gets back from Iraq, she'll be sure to have a flower arrangement to match every bridesmaid's eye color. Maybe there will be a dove for every day that Jill & Dan have known each other to be released up into the sky at the end of the wedding.

I couldn't be happier for them, they just may well could be the best dressed couple I know, although they do have stiff competition from Emily & Bob.

If you guys need any help planning the music, I can lend my services :).

It was a great evening, & a perfect end to six days straight of holiday get togethers (& yes, I'm glad they are over, as fun as they were).

Five Favorite Songs of the Day

En Gallop-Joanna Newsom, The Milk Eyed Mendor
Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie-Joanna Newsom, The Milk Eyed Mendor
Mexican Blue-Jolie Holland, Springtime Can Kill You
Adieu False Heart-Jolie Holland, Springtime Can Kill You
The Long Cut-Uncle Tupelo, Anodyne

Happy Wednesday, friends!

andrew

6 comments:

Christie said...

That was great news, and a great couple. Hopefully they can make it on Sunday night!

Mrs. Patterson said...

It's always heart-warming to hear about people planning to be married. It's wise spend more time planning and discussing the marriage, then the wedding.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Dan and Jill! You forgot, Andy--one more Christmas celebration-- Monday with the Schroeders! Mom

Unknown said...

Andy - Matt spent his entire Christmas money on an interesting box set of folk music you recommended - some good stuff. Matt enjoys having some one to talk to at family affairs about his passions.

Thanks

andrew! said...

Ah, he bought the anthology! New worlds were opened up to me the day I got the Anthology of American Folk Music, I always refer to it as the Canterbury Tales of American Folk Music. I'm glad somebody in the family is interested in all kinds of wierd music like myself.

andrew! said...

Here's something I wrote about the anthology a while back...

I've always thought of the Anthology as the Canterbury Tales of early 20th century folk music. If you can make it through the scratchy recordings, the unconventional singing voices, & the sheer grit of these forgotten musicians, you'll find just about every emotion & condition known to man. If you can't relate to at least a couple songs in this collection, you haven't lived very long. Every commandment is broken & every step towards salvation is taken & everything in between. There are songs of faith, unfaithfulness, hope, heaven, murder, drunkenness, bribery hard work, hard times, hard living, hard travelling, fantasy, reality, truth, mistaken identity, adultery, jubilation...it's all there. This song is the essence of the blues...sometimes I think that you're too sweet to die, other times I think you oughta be buried alive...

Blog Archive

About Me

Grand Haven, Michigan
the sun shines on a dog's ass every now & then...