everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

What's the matter with me? I ain't got much to say...

Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I have a strong desire to be sociable & to say whatever is on my mind to anybody who wants to hear it. Other times I don't feel like saying anything to anybody. Lately, the latter's been the case rather than the former. That reminds me of a couple lines from a couple of my favorite poets...

The man in me will hide sometimes to keep from bein' seen,

But that's just because he doesn't want to turn into some machine.
Took a woman like you
To get through to the man in me.

The Man in Me, Bob Dylan

Forget What Did

Stopping the diary
Was a stun to memory,
Was a blank starting,

One no longer cicatrised
By such words, such actions
As bleakened waking.

I wanted them over,
Hurried to burial
And looked back on

Like the wars & winters
Missing behind the windows
Of an opaque childhood.

And the empty pages?
Should they ever be filled
Let it be with observed

Celestial recurrences
The day the flowers come
and when the birds go.

Philip Larkin

Five Favorite Songs of the Day

Girl in the War-Josh Ritter, The Animal Years

Ain't Talkin'-Bob Dylan, Modern Times

It Makes no Difference-The Band

Cellphone's Dead-Beck, the Information

Moving, Shaking-Great Lakes Swimmers

I can't write, I can't sing, I can't play
my inside's been broken
my inspiration has flown away
it's hard to see all the little things
there's a universe in a crack in a wall
or an ant crawling across the broken top
it's hard to see all the little things
when the big things get in the way...

Happy Tuesday, friends!

andrew


3 comments:

Christie said...

I think everyone has the phases of wanting to be sociable and needing their own space and time. Hopefully your feeling sociable tonight...Tigers game!!! :) (wish it could have been last night with the no-hitter!)

Pam said...

Christie, I was just thinking the same thing as I was watching the sports broadcast about last night's game and thinking about all of you going to the game tonight. I hope you have a great time AND another no-hitter would be incredible!

Mrs. Patterson said...

Tuesday? Where have I been?

Blog Archive

About Me

Grand Haven, Michigan
the sun shines on a dog's ass every now & then...