everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...

Sunday, September 28, 2008

We've no less days

Christie took me to see a documentary about Hospice where she works last night. It was quite interesting to me, I always love a good documentary. It was part infomercial for Hospice, part snapshot of hospice workers, & most importantly part snapshots of lives that ended with hospice care. The documentary shows what I hope I've always known, which is that every life has an interesting story. There's nothing particularly noteworthy about the lives highlighted in the movie except that they are genuine & sincere. The main character of the documentary was a regular guy, albeit very funny, but the most moving scene came when the dying man's stepdaughter drove him in his four wheeler out to the pond just to sit & soak it in. Having had two grandparents die in the care of hospice workers, the documentary hit home for me. Those workers took care of all kinds of little details for my grandparents that I can't even imagine & for that I'm incredibly grateful.

Five Favorite Songs of the Day

Blind Willie McTell-Bob Dylan, Brixton Academy 2003

The song that may have killed my ipod, I was at work today for a couple of hours & my ipod was plugged into it's dock & playing incredibly loud when all of a sudden it stopped & it still isn't working. I suppose if it has to be blown, this is as good a song as any to accompany it's demise.



Keep an eye on Other's Gain-Bonnie "Prince" Billy

Amazing Grace-hymn

Fish & Whistle-John Prine

People Puttin' People Down-John Prine

Happy Sunday, friends...

andrew

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

Hospice helped my mom a great deal. I agree about every life being interesting.

Blog Archive

About Me

Grand Haven, Michigan
the sun shines on a dog's ass every now & then...