everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Take what you need you think will last...

Happy Thursday, friends. Conversation about all kinds of things start up at work both with fellow employees & with customers. I try my best to stay out of politics (with customers anyway) unless someone asks my opinion. Everybody seems to have an opinion about what is wrong with the economy & what the government should do to fix it. I'm not sure there is a right or a wrong answer to this question. The only answer that seems correct to me comes from my youngest employee, 20 year old Jeff. He deftly opined that the cause of all of this is greed. We are a country that wants what it can't have & does any number of despicable things to get them. I can't think of too many people who are exempt from this disease, if any. Maybe they'll vote no on greed.

Here's one of my favorite poems, it's a bit long but worth every second. It's one of two poems that got me interested in poetry. I don't think I've been the same since the first time I'd heard this.



Five Favorite Songs of the Day

Dear Mrs Roosevelt-Woody Guthrie

The Big Three Killed My Baby-The White Stripes



War on War-Wilco, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Hey Joe-Jimi Hendrix



Little Green-Joni Mitchell, Blue



Happy Thursday, friends...

andrew

3 comments:

Pam said...

My comment didn't show up. What's up with that? I wondered whether you could post the text to that poem--my auditory comprehension isn't nearly as good as my visual.

Unknown said...

Great poem. Although I have heard it before it is appropriate for the present time. I think your young employee is very smart for his age!

Mrs. Patterson said...

I am unable to read or hear the poem. Please post the text.

Blog Archive

About Me

Grand Haven, Michigan
the sun shines on a dog's ass every now & then...