everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...

Saturday, May 13, 2006

It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Blogging)

So, Bob Dylan on his new radio show, Theme Time Radio Hour, has picked songs about mothers for this week's theme. It was pretty good, but here's the song's I would've picked.

Tell Me Momma-Bob Dylan
Wouldn't Mama Be Proud?-Elliot Smith
Motherless Child-Eric Clapton
Send a Picture of Mother-Johnny Cash
Mama, You've Been on My Mind-Bob Dylan
Julia-John Lennon
It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)-Bob Dylan
Come All You Tenderhearted-Ralph Stanley
Life Without You-Stevie Ray Vaughan
Mother Rose-Patti Smith
Sweetness Follows-REM
White Dove-Ralph Stanley

Five Favorite Songs of the Day

She's a Jar-Wilco, Summerteeth

"When I forget how to talk I sing..."

Sometimes-Daniel Lanois, Shine

"could it be, ever really be alright?"

The Long Cut-Uncle Tupelo, Anthology 89/93

"we'll get there eventually..."

Ain't You Wealthy? Ain't You Wise?-Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Master & Everyone

Things Have Changed-Las Vegas, April 7, 2006

"I hurt easy, I just don't show it, you can hurt somebody & not even know it..."

happy mother's day...

andrew

1 comment:

Mrs. Patterson said...

You've enhanced it with all those referenced songs. I spend much time looking up their lyrics, because they obviously aren't as familiar to me. You have some sort of astounding musical memory.

Blog Archive

About Me

Grand Haven, Michigan
the sun shines on a dog's ass every now & then...