everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Here' to All the Poetry & the Pickin' Down the Line
I just came across this poem today, & as it deals with one of my favorite pasttimes, walking through the city, I love it.
Late October. But the night is fragrant
as in summertime. At each corner
an imperious king stands, pleading
with his harmonica, or shaking his bare hand.
My face must be shuttered tight. No one
asks me for anything. The neighborhoods tonight
are like excited children from the countryside.
Everyone's clumped in twos & threes,
while my feet pound each jittery block
through wind that's sweet from recent rain.
Perhaps I'll never reach the island-tip
of my decisions. Tomorrow should remain
skinny & silent, like the meager trees
in this sidewalk-town. If I stop my search
I'll never start again.
Five Favorite Songs of the Day
To Live is to Fly-Townes Van Zandt, Rear View
No Place to Fall-Townes Van Zandt, Rear View
Colorado Girl-Townes Van Zandt, Rear View
Don't You Take it Too Bad-Townes Van Zandt, Rear View
Two Hands-Kevin Davis (song by Townes Van Zandt)
What a genius songwriter Townes (pictured above) was, he was simple, direct, heartfelt & bittersweet. Oh to be in one of those clubs when he played solo.
Happy Sunday evening, friends...
- ► 2010 (14)
- ► 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (62)
- ► 2007 (97)
- Here' to All the Poetry & the Pickin' Down the Li...
- (I lifted this picture from Heidi's blog. It's ok...
- (here's a picture of the coolest band ever assembl...
- I Don't Care How Rough the Road is, Show Me Where...
- If Your Traveling to the North Country Fair... I...
- (my copy has superman flying across the sky, it wa...
- I'm Afraid of Guns I read a bumper sticker today...
- Our Endless Numbered Days I don't know what got ...
- That Good Time Vacation Smell As I was retriev...
- All Tomorrow's Parties I've never been a fan of ...
- We Carried You in Our Arms, on Independence Day.....
- Lay Down Your Weary Tunes Many people hate Bob Dy...
- ▼ July (12)