What are days for?
Days are where we live.
They come, they wake us
Time & time over.
They are to be happy in:
Where can we live but days?
Ah, solving that question
Brings the priest & the doctor
In their long coats
Running over the fields.
Philip Larkin, The Less Decieved 1955
Apparently, days are for cleaning the bathroom & the kitchen, burning every decent Bob Dylan cd for little Dan before he heads out, eating Italian & drinking wine at Vitales, a barn party out in the country & visiting the family.
By the way, cleaning is quite cathartic, I can understand why Mark likes it so much.
It was a good run for the Tigers, the best year that I've watched in my lifetime maybe next year. Christie was complaining that I haven't blogged recently, so you have her to blame for this one.
Five Favorite Songs of the Day
Abandoned Love-Bob Dylan, the Gaslight, 1975
What Can I Do For You?-Bob Dylan, Portland, 1980
You're a Big Girl Now-Bob Dylan, Old Orchard Beach, July 3, 1988
Nettie Moore-Los Angeles, 2006
Notes on Air-Alejandro Escovedo, the Boxing Mirror
Happy Saturday, friends!
everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...
- ► 2010 (14)
- ► 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (62)
- ► 2007 (97)
- Vacation Day Blues #2 I had a four day weekend. ...
- Days What are days for? Days are where we live. T...
- A New Path That We Trod... It was 1989, I was ten...
- (this picture was stolen from my mom's blog, mom y...
- This is Not My Tune, But It's Mine to Use Listen...
- Friends Will Arrive, Friends Will Disappear It wa...
- Sing a Little Bit of These...
- I Wish I Was Back in the City... I don't think I...
- (I didn't take this picture, I stole it off the in...
- 19 Years, su...
- Riding the Rails 180th Cho...
- ▼ October (12)