everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

If you got a field that don't yield, get on your feet, brother & hoe it...



Happy Wednesday, friends. It's one of those rainy & cold days that always makes me happy to come home from work. The new job is making me appreciate home alot more. I've been working 11-12 hour days & getting up at 5:15 am (every morning when I look at the alarm clock & I immediately start humming the song of the same name by Mark Knopfler).

The first day was a little rough, but a couple of days into it I'm starting to feel like I'm getting something accomplished. I'm farther than I thought I would be at getting stuff rearranged, so that's good. My coworkers are not nearly as resistant to change as I thought they would be, so that helped alot. It's been a ton of work & the last couple of days I was too busy for lunch, but it's a good feeling to go home at the end of the day & knowing that you made something better. I even found a perfect spot for my GVSU flag.

I've been enjoying the HOPE College radio station at work, they play a ton of stuff I like, including alot of the Holland Native Sufjan Stevens. They sure do love him, they play one of his songs just about every hour. Christie & I went to a concert on Monday at Hope, a fella named Mat Kearney played there. He played an impromptu cover of Sufjan's Chicago. They did okay with it, but it made me jones for the original. Here it is, friends, enjoy...



Five Favorite Songs of the Day

Upon This Tidal Wave of Young Blood-Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Take It There-The Roots Featuring Wadud Ahmad, Game Theory

Boom Like That-Mark Knopfler, Shangri La

Like a Rolling Stone-Bob Dylan Live '66

Neverending Math Equation-Sun Kil Moon

Happy Wednesday, friends...

andrew

5 comments:

Christie said...

My sister will hurt you for you posting this picture (just thought I would give you a heads up) :)

Heidi said...

What was the Mark Knopfler song from the Princess Bride?

Mike said...

Have you heard the outtake version of Chicago from Avalanche? Also a good version

Mrs. Patterson said...

Is that an aerial view of Holland?

andrew! said...

Yes, Avalanche is almost as good as Illinois & yes that's an aerial view of Holland, particularly Lake Macatawa.

Blog Archive

About Me

Grand Haven, Michigan
the sun shines on a dog's ass every now & then...