everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...

Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's a restless hungry feeling that don't mean no one no good...




I never understood it when I was a kid how my mother complained every time she went to the grocery store. How could she complain about a place that stacks & stacks of little debbie snacks, candy & cereal? Then I remember how my sisters & me would beg for crap that we didn't need like fruit rollups. What are fruit rollups? I remember being envious of the kids whose parents bought them fruit rollups, spoiled brats that they were. How she didn't rap me across the forehead every time we went to the grocery store is beyond me. Then she always made a big deal about helping her put the groceries away & we were never willing to help. I can imagine her thinking that she spent an hour at that stupid place buying food for us grubby little moochers & we can't even help her unload it.

I don't have any kids, but I get why she hated it so much. The grocery store is an awful, awful place, especially Meijer's. I don't knock Meijer's as an organization, they provide local jobs, low prices & just about everything you could ever need at any hour of the day. I just hate going there. I am a grumpy, impatient S-O-B at the grocery store, especially on Saturdays. I think the grocery store is a microcosm of society as a whole, people are driving their carts around concerning themselves with which laundry detergent is on sale, filling them up with unhealthy crap they don't need paying absolutely no attention to anybody else around them. Don't you hate it when somebody parks their cart right in the middle of the aisle making it impossible for anyone to get through? Ugh, wish me luck.

Five Favorite Songs of the Day

In My Way, Yes-Vic Chesnutt, Silver Lake

Bernadette & Her Crowd-Vic Chesnutt, The Salesman & Bernadette

Anarchy in the UK-the Sex Pistols, Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols

I'm Going to Say it Now-Phil Ochs, There But for Fortune

Keep the Car Running-Arcade Fire

Happy Saturday, friends...

andrew

8 comments:

Christie said...

Good luck! :) I always like seeing the confused men with a list in their hands trying to figure out what the heck their wives wanted them to pick up.

Mrs. Patterson said...

Like your Dad says, "Meijer Shifty Takers". I can't knock them either because they do serve the public and Sam's career is involved with them now. (He's been in Grand Rapids more than home lately.) I prefer the little Busch's in Carleton. I detest shopping at Meijers unless it is very early in the day.

Heidi said...

I agree with Joyce. Once Scott and I went there at 11:45PM and had to wait in line for 45 minutes!!! We were only in the store shopping for 10 and it took longer to check out than it did to shop. Busch's is great in my opinion. A little bit pricey, but worth not having to deal with the hassle.

Pam said...

Does anyone like grocery shopping?? I still don't! And especially Meijers. And what about those dog gone coupons! I say save the trees!! Save the planet!! Just lower the prices!!! Once in a while the Sunday paper guilts me into clipping some, they hang around in my purse for a couple of months! And then I throw them away because I forget to use them!

Unknown said...

Okay I have a different opinion. I love the grocery store. Mind you I don't shop at Meijer's but Jerry's Beef and Deli in downtown T-Town. Grocery Shopping is a social affair for me. I see people I know - I talk - I like it. My children would never go with me because they dislike all the time I spent talking and not shopping!

Mike said...

Take on Mejer's before you shut it down on a saturday night. Best time to go is the dead of night.

Dan Van said...

you have to check out www.radiohead.com Radio head has a new album out that you can only get off their web sit and you set the price of it. What an idea!

Dan Van said...

you have to check out www.radiohead.com Radio head has a new album out that you can only get off their web sit and you set the price of it. What an idea!

Blog Archive

About Me

Grand Haven, Michigan
the sun shines on a dog's ass every now & then...