Yesterday was my sister's birthday, 29 to be exact. I hear it passed with little fanfare, which I'm sure was fine with Emily. Teaching VBS, hanging out with the kids, visiting mom & dad would be a good day for anyone. I can't help but hope, though, that maybe after she has the third child, & moves into her new house that she celebrates her last year in the twenties with a little bit of craziness, maybe she'll have a drink or two or travels to some strange place. Here's hoping.
Here's a few things I love about my sister:
She taught me how to match my socks with my shirt (although I don't always follow her wisdom on this one).
She taught me how to have fun with any stupid little game, i.e. hanging your head upside down off the couch & calling it "truck".
She's the normal child of the three, the other two of us have always been a bit left of center, a bit strange (sorry Heidi), she always brought us down from the clouds.
She wasn't ashamed to call me her brother in high school.
She always makes everyone feel welcome in her house.
You'll never find a more graceful, more elegant sister. That's just a few of many, love ya, bubs.
Five Favorite Songs of the Day
He Woke Me Up Again-Sufjan Stevens, Seven Swans
I've always had alot of respect for musicians that don't label themselves a "Christian rock band", but instead let their music do the talking. Sufjan certainly falls under this category, I love this song. Do yourself a favor & go get his "Greetings From Michigan"
All the Trees of the Field Will Clap Their Hands-Sufjan Stevens, Seven Swans
Gulf Shores-Bonnie "Prince" Billy sings Greatest Palace Music
Notes on Air-Alejandro Escovedo, the Boxing Mirror
Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie-Joanna Newsom, the Milk Eyed Mendor
Happy Thursday, friends...
everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...
- ► 2010 (14)
- ► 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (62)
- ► 2007 (97)
- I just gained 30 pounds, in one night! Gloria had...
- for Christen...thanks for the pic, joyce.
- Great Things Happen when Mom & Joyce Come to Tow...
- Oh Sister! Yesterday was my sister's birthday, 29...
- Home By Eleven All in all, it was a pretty good d...
- Daddy Sang Bass Tomorrow's father's day, so here'...
- The Broken Mirror of Innocence Well, my honeymoon...
- Why I'm a Dork: Part I Okay, I've accepted the...
- I Followed the River & I Got to the Sea... The...
- I Was So Much Older Then, I'm Younger than that N...
- I Like this Poem Extinction of Silence That it w...
- Roll Down the Window & Let the Wind Blow Back ...
- ▼ June (12)