everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Oh Sister!

Yesterday was my sister's birthday, 29 to be exact. I hear it passed with little fanfare, which I'm sure was fine with Emily. Teaching VBS, hanging out with the kids, visiting mom & dad would be a good day for anyone. I can't help but hope, though, that maybe after she has the third child, & moves into her new house that she celebrates her last year in the twenties with a little bit of craziness, maybe she'll have a drink or two or travels to some strange place. Here's hoping.

Here's a few things I love about my sister:

She taught me how to match my socks with my shirt (although I don't always follow her wisdom on this one).

She taught me how to have fun with any stupid little game, i.e. hanging your head upside down off the couch & calling it "truck".

She's the normal child of the three, the other two of us have always been a bit left of center, a bit strange (sorry Heidi), she always brought us down from the clouds.

She wasn't ashamed to call me her brother in high school.

She always makes everyone feel welcome in her house.

You'll never find a more graceful, more elegant sister. That's just a few of many, love ya, bubs.

Five Favorite Songs of the Day

He Woke Me Up Again-Sufjan Stevens, Seven Swans

I've always had alot of respect for musicians that don't label themselves a "Christian rock band", but instead let their music do the talking. Sufjan certainly falls under this category, I love this song. Do yourself a favor & go get his "Greetings From Michigan"

All the Trees of the Field Will Clap Their Hands-Sufjan Stevens, Seven Swans

Gulf Shores-Bonnie "Prince" Billy sings Greatest Palace Music

Notes on Air-Alejandro Escovedo, the Boxing Mirror

Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie-Joanna Newsom, the Milk Eyed Mendor

Happy Thursday, friends...

andrew

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm weird? What? :)
Yeah she is the most normal one...:)

Pam said...

Normal is only a setting on a dryer.

Mrs. Patterson said...

I have stole that normal line on more than one occasion. Now I'm off to find "Greetings from MI". See you Saturday.

Blog Archive

About Me

Grand Haven, Michigan
the sun shines on a dog's ass every now & then...