everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...
Thursday, January 18, 2007
It's Not a House, It's a Home!
(a picture of Ryan for no apparent reason)
Ah, home sweet home! I got back from Dallas today. Apparently you can't even go to Texas to get away from the cold. Oh well. The hotel I stayed at was good, I didn't have a snoring roommate. I played eight games of euchre. There weren't as many meetings as last year. I got alot of reading done on the plane. Other than that, the trip went about as I expected. I didn't get to do any site seeing, although we did drive past the grassy knoll.
A universal truth about the human condition was once again enlightened. That is, most people would rather talk than listen. I suppose you could probably lump me in to that category, this blog is probably the best evidence of that.
I don't think I've ever been away from my humble abode for longer than I have this week (I know it was only four days) & it was great coming home. It has that smell of home.
Five Favorite Songs of the Day
It's Good to Be on the Road Back Home Again-Cornershop, When I Was Born for the 7th Time
Nettie Moore-Bob Dylan, Modern Times
I'd walk through a blazing fire, baby, if I knew you was on the other side...
Sweetness Follows-REM, Automatic for the People
Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues-Zurich 2003
I'm goin' back to Grand Haven (or New York City), I do believe I've had enough!
Via Chicago-Wilco, Kicking Television
Happy Thursday, friends!
- ► 2010 (14)
- ► 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (62)
- Turn & Face the Strain
- Music in the Cafe's at Night, Revolution in the Ai...
- The Ballad of the Sun & Moon
- If Dogs Run Free
- It's Not a House, It's a Home!
- Gotta Travel On
- It's Nighttime in the Big City
- You can trade your rights for several wrongs & you...
- I went to the doctor the very next day, to see wha...
- Funny How Things Never Work Out the Way You Had '...
- All You People Don't Know About Lost Causes...
- It's Hard to See All the Little Things, When the B...
- ▼ January (12)