That title comes from a Kevin Davis lyric, one of my favorites at that. If Kevin Davis were signed to a record label, I'd put his name into my pandora's jukebox. A customer told me about this today, & ever since I got home from work I've been sitting in front of my computer giddy like a schoolgirl as I await the next song. How it works is you plug in a name of an artist or a song, it plays a song by the artist & then creates a station with similar songs. It's really quite incredible what that www will do.
Just so your visit to this blog wasn't merely another fall into the abyss of my musical dorkitude, here's a poem that I hope you'll like as much as I do.
We Who Prayed & Wept
We who prayed & wept
for liberty from kings
and the yoke of liberty
accept the tyranny of things
we do not need.
In plentitude too free,
we have become adept
beneath the yoke of greed.
Those who will not learn
in plenty to keep their place
must learn it by their need
when they have had their way
and the fields spurn their seed.
We have failed Thy grace.
Lord, I flinch & pray,
send Thy necessity.
Let's hope the president keeps this in mind when he gives his speech tonight. We could all use a bit more necessity.
Five Favorite Songs of the Day
Something Brave-Bright Eyes
Free a Little Bird-Bascam Lunsford
Supercede-Jackie Green, American Myth
Warm Wind-Mia & Jonah, Shine I
Blue Train-John Coltrane
Happy Wednesday, friends, I hope your jukebox plays your favorite songs.
everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...
- ► 2010 (14)
- ► 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (62)
- Turn & Face the Strain
- Music in the Cafe's at Night, Revolution in the Ai...
- The Ballad of the Sun & Moon
- If Dogs Run Free
- It's Not a House, It's a Home!
- Gotta Travel On
- It's Nighttime in the Big City
- You can trade your rights for several wrongs & you...
- I went to the doctor the very next day, to see wha...
- Funny How Things Never Work Out the Way You Had '...
- All You People Don't Know About Lost Causes...
- It's Hard to See All the Little Things, When the B...
- ▼ January (12)