everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...
Monday, September 18, 2006
A Little Blake to Seal the Deal...
The sun descending in the west,
The evening star does shine;
The birds are silent in their nest,
And I must seek for mine.
The moon like a flower
In heaven's high bower,
With silent delight
Sits and smiles on the night.
Farewell, green fields and happy groves,
Where flocks have took delight.
Where lambs have nibbled,
The feet of angels bright;
Unseen they pour blessing
And joy without ceasing,
On each bud and blossom,
And each sleeping bosom.
They look in every thoughtless nest,
Where birds are cover'd warm;
They visit caves of every beast,
To keep them all from harm.
If they see any weeping
That should have been sleeping,
They pour sleep on their head,
And sit down by their bed.
When wolves and tygers howl for prey,
They pitying stand and weep;
Seeking to drive their thirst away,
And keep them from the sheep;
But if they rush dreadful,
The angels, most heedful,
Receive each mild spirit,
New worlds to inherit.
And there the lion's ruddy eyes
Shall flow with tears of gold,
And pitying the tender cries,
And walking round the fold,
Saying "Wrath, by his meekness,
And by his health, sickness
Is driven away
From our immortal day.
"And now beside thee, bleating lamb,
I can lie down and sleep;
Or think on him who bore thy name,
Graze after thee and weep.
For, wash'd in life's river,
My bright mane for ever
Shall shine like the gold
As I guard o'er the fold."
William Blake, Songs of Innocence
- ► 2010 (14)
- ► 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (62)
- ► 2007 (97)
- Vacation Day Blues #1 Day #1 of 13 vacation days ...
- A Quick Story About Joyce We had a halloween part...
- Carving up the Calendar It always seems to hap...
- If There's an Original Thought Out There, I Could ...
- A Little Blake to Seal the Deal... Night Th...
- Birds are Leaving Over Autumn's Ending... I don'...
- What's the Matter With Me? I Ain't Got Much t...
- Don't Waste Your Words, They're Just Lies I had a...
- One Coat or Two? I'm sitting here at the Schr...
- Ain't Talkin' (for Joyce) Five Favorite Song...
- (the great Clarence Ashley with Doc Watson) Love ...
- (one of these days I'll get me one of those digita...
- (this is meant as a substitute for a picture of mi...
- ▼ September (13)