For those of you who didn't know, there's a new stair rail going up at the Detroit Institute of Art. My good buddy Mark is going to be staining & painting it. The bottom half is three feet or so high made of solid oak & will be painted/stained with a special blend of semi-solid alkyd paint, & the top half will be solid hard maple with a bright golden color & all of it will be topcoated with a polyurethane. It's quite large & detailed, & we just spent the last few hours working on a system to achieve the color & look of the sample requested. Let's hope it lasts as long as the museum. I saw a movie there once.
Five Favorite Songs of the Day
"En Gallop"-Joanna Newsom, The Milk Eyed Mendor
House of the Rising Sun-Bob Dylan, Newcastle 2007
In the Backseat-The Arcade Fire, Funeral
Crown of Love-The Arcade Fire, Funeral
Ain't Gonna Go to Hell For Anybody-Toronto, 1980
This is quite possibly the oddest song in the Dylan canon, but it works. See for yourself.
Happy Tuesday, friends!
everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...
- ► 2010 (14)
- ► 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (62)
- Now that everyone is here, can I please have your ...
- I'll Make the Most of One Last Extra Hour...
- April Marches On
- Summers in Interlochen...
- "Sometimes you gotta do like Elvis did & shoot the...
- Inside the Museums, Infinity Goes Up on Trial
- The Rules of the Road Have Been Lodged
- Oh life with it's shoulder in the mirror!
- Home is so Sad
- Were You There?
- Another One of them Endless Days...
- Did They Know He was the Son of God, Did They Know...
- ▼ April (12)