everything you ever wanted to know about nothing at all...
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Were You There?
Mom, did you sing this song last night? I sure do miss hearing you sing this. Unfortunately we didn't sing it in church last night. Johnny's version is pretty good, too. Sadly, one of the two most important days on the Christian calendar is one of the least attended in church.
Christie got a dose of the dark Lutheran Church Good Friday service last night. I almost warned her about the book closing at the end, but I didn't & she jumped a bit.
Five Favorite Songs of the Day
Nature Boy-Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, The Lyre of Orpheus/Abattoir Blues
Were You There?-Johnny Cash & the Carter Family
Roll on John-Bob Dylan, The Cynthia Gooding Radio Show, 1962
May It Always Be-Bonnie "Prince" Billy, Ease Down the Road
If I Had the World To Give-the Grateful Dead, Shakedown Street
Happy Easter, friends.
- ► 2010 (14)
- ► 2009 (31)
- ► 2008 (62)
- Now that everyone is here, can I please have your ...
- I'll Make the Most of One Last Extra Hour...
- April Marches On
- Summers in Interlochen...
- "Sometimes you gotta do like Elvis did & shoot the...
- Inside the Museums, Infinity Goes Up on Trial
- The Rules of the Road Have Been Lodged
- Oh life with it's shoulder in the mirror!
- Home is so Sad
- Were You There?
- Another One of them Endless Days...
- Did They Know He was the Son of God, Did They Know...
- ▼ April (12)